13 Future Forwards: Exploring Frontiers in Education
• EC3, EC4, KG (for the GOLD assessment tool)
• ES PE department
• MS PE department
• MS/HS Academic Support
The identified teachers who benefitted from this program are now
supported with a mobile device. Student and teacher data continued to be
gathered for analysis and monitoring of efficacy.
Students and teachers in the prototype were asked to regularly fill in a
survey form that collected data around engagement and learning as well as
the types of apps that were used. Below are some of the questions students
were asked to show level of agreement:
• I enjoyed using the mobile device and apps.
• The use of the device and apps assisted in meeting the expectations
of my assignments.
• Use of the device and apps engaged me in the learning process.
• I would prefer the use of a mobile device rather than a laptop.
• There is a place for both a mobile device and a laptop in my learning.
• I used a mobile device during times and in places where I would not
use my laptop.
• The use of the device and app allowed me to do something in a
new or novel way.
Additionally they were also asked:
• Thinking about your use of the mobile device and apps, have they
helped you learn new information or perform tasks in ways that
you could not without it?